Real Estate Development
Real estate accounting and tax expertise.
For more than thirty years, our clients have counted on us to advise them how to handle the tax planning and asset protection associated with their real estate activities. For all our clients, from individual investors to large-scale development companies, R.C. Thornton & Associates provides a methodical and strategic plan for minimizing tax and enhancing asset protection. We strive to position clients to leverage their returns on an after-tax basis. It’s our business to thoroughly understand the following list of real estate concerns and incorporate them when appropriate into our clients’ tax planning strategies.
- Asset protection issues
- Basis issues
- Cost segregation studies to maximize write-offs
- Entity aggregation rules
- Foreclosure, short sale issues, or debt restructuring
- Fractional interest issues
- Partnership allocations using real estate
- Passive loss issues
- Tax consequences of recourse, non-recourse, and qualified non-recourse loans
- Developer vs. Investor issues
- Tax-free exchanges